If you have a fitness fiend in your life or know someone on their way to beastitude, they’ll appreciate a holiday gift that shows you understand what they’re striving for. Whether it’s for your husband/wife, coworker, girlfriend, sister, or hair stylist, a gift that’s creative and maybe even a little indulgent will be a hit. Heck, maybe these are the perfect ideas for your Christmas list. Now, if only I’d given my own family this list…
I tend to wear workout clothes that accentuate my hard work. Even when we aren’t at our end goal just yet, wearing well-fitting workout clothes that express who we are can make us feel motivated and good about ourselves. If you aren’t up for buying a tank or shirt, look at accessories such as headbands, beanies, bags, gloves, socks, and hats.
- Besides places like Nike and Under Armour, look at lucy.com, Athleta, Prana, and Lululemon.
- Café Press
Even if your gym buddy already uses a training log, something different is fun and shows that you’re thinking of her. And if you have a friend or family member who is embarking on a weight loss resolution, the gift of a food journal can help him or her be successful. Not only that but some of these journals are just plain fun.
- The Jotter Guided Journal: Food Log. Leather bound and fits quite nicely in a purse or glove box.
- BodyMinder Workout and Exercise Log. I used this log for several years and loved it.
- The Workout Log. My personal choice – it’s no frills and lasts me a good 8 months.
- Fitbook. A good number of people swear by this book to help them set goals and track diet/exercise.
- Moleskin Passions Wellness Journal. I’m unable to resist anything Moleskin!
- 101 Workouts for Women. I have this book and like the wide variety of exercises for every body part.
- Strength Training Anatomy. Most of us have wondered how to best target a specific body part. This book will blow every reader’s mind with its detailed drawings and explanations, all associated with specific exercises.
- Strength Band Training. Training with resistance bands can be a game changer for anyone’s results.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is the go-to workout for those interested in cardiovascular fitness and/or weight loss. An interval timer brings training to a new level. Check out Gymboss or even a fabulous sports watch for tracking rest time between sets (I use this one).
No, I’m not referring to the items you saw at your neighbor’s “home gift” party. Almost everyone has aches and pains now and then, especially the non-fitness inclined. A foam roller or other self-myofascial release tool for working out those tight muscular knots might just be the best gift they ever receive!
- The Stick
- Rumble Roller or The Grid
- Lacrosse ball. Yep, cheap but very effective for muscle therapy. And not a bad stocking stuffer, either.
Why not a super cool BPA-free hydration device they’d never buy for themselves? Or if they devour a protein shake regularly, they’ll be ridiculously happy to have a snazzy new shaker bottle. Look for one that’s leak-free and prevents odors.
Maybe there’s a fitness tool they’ve never tried or heard of – that doesn’t mean they won’t love it!
Health or Sports Store Gift Card
Your fitness or health enthusiast may love the chance to shop at a high-end health or training clothes store they’ve yet to check out. Or if you’ve seen them eying something, a familiar store will do, too.
Have fun with shopping this year!
There's a better way to lose weight…
So many people go about trying to lose weight in the wrong way.
For starters, their goal is to lose weight, which stacks the odds against you before you ever take action.
I didn't even focus on weight loss with my 12-week transformation above.
Do you want to know the process I followed?
I'll show you how to…
- eat fun foods every single day and still get lean
- choose the most effective exercise for your transformation
- not care what other people think of your body - starting from day 1
- find what drives you to stay motivated for life
- avoid the 5 most common mistakes nearly everyone makes on their journey
I'll be coaching all this and more in a free 5-day email course. All you need to do is click the button below to get it…